Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jedson

I am unable to import my 1099/1099-B from Wells Fargo, but the document is online and available. Is there a problem with the import process? It has worked in the past.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

79 Replies
KrisD
Intuit Alumni

I am unable to import my 1099/1099-B from Wells Fargo, but the document is online and available. Is there a problem with the import process? It has worked in the past.

We have not heard of any problems with Wells Fargo import. 

alsombat

TurboTax is not allowing me to import Wells Fargo's docs either.

Nor I. According to WF, all is well.

Those are old posts. They can be several years old.  When they migrated to this new forum layout the old posts got dated in June 2020.  So you can't use those.

When I tried to import my friend's Wells Fargo investment accounts they said they wouldn't be ready until Feb 22 I think.  The consolidated 1099 statement wasn't even posted yet.  So we couldn't even download the pdf to manually enter it.   Have you got the 1099 in the mail?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As of today (2020-02-20) Wells Fargo downloads are still buggy. People at my WF Advisors office have told me they are getting a lot of complaints. 

BTW other tax software doesn’t even offer WF as an option. 

Professional tax people have software which can do this but this kind of stuff is not available to the general public. 

I downloaded Wells Fargo today.  It took a couple times and trying picking either Wells Fargo and also Wells Fargo Advisors.  Kept getting unsuccessful messages to try again later.  Finally the 3rd or 4th time it connected and imported it.  Pdf Statements are dated 2/11 but we haven't got them in the mail yet.  And every year they usually put out an amended 1099 later so there's really no rush.  Wait for the amended to come.

Is this still an issue of 3/5/2020? My import was "successful" as in no error. But turbo tax just created a bunch of empty blank place holders with no import information.

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

If you are unable to import this information, you can always enter it manually. Here's where you enter your 1099-B in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) your return if it isn't already open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for 1099-B and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2019. If you see Here's the info we have for these investment sales, select Add More Sales.
  4. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B or brokerage statement for these sales?
  5. At Let's get your tax info, choose type it in yourself.
  6. Follow the instructions.

@nmbatty 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

In March 2020, I am also unable to import my 1099 from Wells Fargo.  The document is ready.  I confirmed that I have the correct userid and password.  I confirmed that the Wells Fargo system is up and running.  There must be a problem with the interface between Turbotax and Wells Fargo.  Does anyone have a solution?

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

I am sorry, but if you are unable to import your data, you will need to manually input the data from Wells Fargo.  Here's how:

1. While in your Tax Home,

2. Select Search from the top right side of your screen,

3. Enter 1099-B,

4. Select Jump to 1099-B,

5. Follow the On-Screen Prompts to complete this section.

I am having the same issue. I have a lot of sales to enter, as well, so I am hoping for a solution before I hand key everything. Were you able to figure anything out?

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

We were just given word today that the import for Wells Fargo 1099-DIV is being worked on. 

At this time, no set date for when it will be repaired was given to us. 

Please enter manually, or wait until it has been repaired. 

(I don't know who is working on it, TurboTax, Wells Fargo, or both) 

That is not helpful. There are links to turbo tax that clearly say you can import and make filing easy.

It is now March 12 and I have received my amended 1099 forms (by mail) but i still get an error message when trying to import.

Doing it manually is not helpful.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Normally, you can do the downloads from a broker that supports it. However, TurboTax can only request the information from the broker. If the broker does not make it available, then there is little TurboTax can do about it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies